Château Beauséjour in Fronsac
The château Beauséjour belongs to the Sudrat family for five generations.
For three generations, transmission has been done by women.
Camped at hillside and dominating the loops of the Dordogne, château Beauséjour is located on a watershed which prolongs the hillock of Fronsac towards the North East.
On north – east oriented & well sunny sides, the vineyard produces fine & delicate wines.
The vineyard is located in the village of Saillans on a argilo – calcareous soil with iron underlying.
- Grape varieties : 85% merlot, 10% cabernet sauvignon and 5% cabernet franc.
- Reasoned culture with limited fungicidal treatments. CMR chemical products excluded.
- Restrictive pruning and leaves’ thinning out.
- Manual and mechanical harvesting with egraineur & sorting table.
- Fermentations are thermoregulated over 20 days approximately.
- Wine is matured in French oak barrels, which are renewed for one third every year.
- Wine stays in barrels for 12 to 18 months depending on the vintages, before bottling.
- Wine consultants : Oenoconseil Rive Droite : Arnaud Chambolle.
Tasting comments about our last vintages
- Guide Hachette. 2 stars – Heart stroke
- Silver Medal– Concours Régional des Vins d’Aquitaine.
- Vert de Vin: Jonathan Choukroun Chicheportiche – 88. The nose is aromatic and very finely tight. It reveals notes of cassis and blackberry associated with very fine hints of underwood. The palate is fruity, well-balanced and offers a juicy / finely acidulous frame, a racy minerality as well as a fine straightness. On the palate, the wine expresses notes of juicy fresh cassis, juicy blackberry and small notes of red fruits associated with fine touches of racy minerality, a subtle toasted hint vanilla as well as an imperceptible hint of tea/flowers in the background. Tannins are well built.
- Concours Régional des Vins d’Aquitaine : Silver Medal
- Anthocyanes Yohan Castaing : 15-16,
- Yves Beck : 92-94
- James Suckling : 91-92
- Le Point Jacques Dupont, noted 15,5.
- La Revue des Vins de France : 14,5 – 15,
- Sélection Guide Hachette : 2 stars.
- Revue des Vins de France, noted 14-15
- Concours Régional des Vins d’Aquitaine : Bronze medal.
- Sélection Guide Hachette.
- Le Point Jacques Dupont, noted 14,5
- Concours Régional des Vins d’Aquitaine : Silver medal
- Le Point Jacques Dupont, noted 14,5-15
Depending on the vintage, we can start tasting château Beauséjour FRONSAC after two to three years, but it can also be tasted after five to twelve years.
The château Beauséjour, very typical of Fronsac, will go well with game, red meat & cheese.